Effective Date: January 4, 2017
I. Information Collection and Use
What information is collected about me and why?
Any apps that require you to set up an account will ask you to input a limited amount of personal information (like email address and name), and some information may be collected in the background (like device type, operating system, etc.) as a way to better understand how you and others access and use my applications. And of course we store the content you add to your account.
In general, your information and content are processed in ways that will help you get the most out of your use of the application and will help to improve the application for you and everyone else who uses it. In the chart below, we have listed the categories of non-content information that is collected and how that information is used.
What is collected
Why it is collected
- Your username, email address
- To create and support your account
- To communicate with you
- To contact you about new features, products, services and other promotions that can enhance your use of the application in accordance with your communications preferences
- To verify your email address to help prevent spam, fraud and abuse.
- Your name, image and other personal information, if you elect to share it
- To show in your user profile
- The geographic area where you use your computing devices when you interact with the application
- To localize your interaction with the application and improve our understanding of how users interact with the application.
- To assist in complying with legal restrictions that may limit the permissible use of the application
- Your device identifiers
- To allow you to redeem a promotional offer
- To calculate anonymous, aggregated statistics on the number of unique devices using the application
- Together with purchase information, to assist in evaluating compliance with export laws
- Actions you perform when using the application, including your use of certain service features, as well as the type of device and software you are using
- To administer service and improve the features and usability of the application
- To suggest to you other applications or services to enhance your use of the applications I provide
- Your payment information
- To process your payment. (In all cases, I use third-party payment processors and therefore have only limited information about your payment transactions)
What tracking information is collected about me or my devices?
At this time only the geographic location of your device is used as mentioned above.
What is your approach to information collected from children?
I do not knowingly collect personal information from children without parental consent. If I discover that I have inadvertently obtained information in violation of applicable laws prohibiting collection of information from children without such consent, it will promptly be deleted.
Will you contact me?
If you are using an application that requires you to log in, I may, from time to time, where it is in accordance with your communication preferences, you may be contacted via email with information about product announcements, service offerings that may be beneficial to you, software updates and special offers. You may opt out of such communications at any time by the opt-out instructions provided in emails or by logging into the application and going to Settings > Contact Preferences and changing your contact preferences.
You will continue to receive essential application-related and account-related information, even if you unsubscribe from promotional emails.
II. Information Access and Disclosure
Do you share my personal information or content?
I am not in the business of selling or renting your information. Outside of actions you take within the application to authorize payments, I only disclose your information – and then only the minimum information necessary – when:
- You have given me your explicit consent to share the information
- I need to share your information with service providers who process data on my behalf in order to operate and improve the features and functionality of the application; complete your payment transactions; fulfill your product or service requests, including sales, delivery and support requests; and help us communicate with you as described elsewhere in this policy; these providers are subject to strict data protection requirements.
- I need to share your information with resellers of a paid service or product in order to ensure accuracy in the payment for such paid service or product, the management of your account and the delivery of your purchase and related support services.
- I believe it is necessary to investigate potential violations of the terms of service, to enforce the terms of service, or where it is believed to require an investigation to prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or potential threats against persons, property or the systems on which we operate the application.
- I determine that the access, preservation or disclosure of information is required or permitted by law to protect the rights, property or personal safety of the application and its users, or when required to comply with applicable laws, including compliance with warrants, court orders, subpoenas, legal process, or other lawful government requests (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- I do so in connection with the sale or reorganization of all or part of my business, as permitted by applicable law.
I do not share your account information or user activity history with third parties for the purpose of enabling them to deliver their advertisements to you.
What do you do with my content?
I use a number of technologies to help you get the most out of the application. The application or services related to the application automatically analyze your data, including your account content, in order to power the application features and to continually improve the application for you. This may include, for example:
- Making search work the way you want it to;
- Showing you information most relevant to how you are using the application at a specific time or location;
- Suggesting features or tips that might be useful;
- Showing you information relevant to your current session with the application.
I believe features like theses will enhance your experience using the applications that implement them. In addition, I may suggest other applications or services I provide that I think will help you get the most out of the applications and services I provide. I do not share your account content with anyone for advertising purposes.
Do you ever make any of my personal information or content public?
No. Please note, however, that certain portions of some applications may allow you to make public your profile information and are marked “pubic” in said applications. Any information that you post in these locations can be read, collected and used by anyone and could enable others to send you unsolicited messages. I enable you to determine whether or not to post personal or otherwise sensitive information to publicly accessible areas of these applications, so you should carefully consider how you use these applications. I am not responsible for any publication or use of any personal information you choose to post in these locations.
III. Data Storage and Transfer
Where is my data stored and processed?
When you use the application on your computing device, such as by using one of my downloadable applications, content you save will be stored locally on that device. If the application you are using requires you to log in, then when you sync your computing device with the service, that content will be replicated on servers my service providers maintain in the United States.
This means that if you store information in or submit data in said applications and sync such applications with the service, you acknowledge your information, including personal information and content, will be transmitted to, hosted and accessed in the United States.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact me directly.
How can I access or correct information you hold about me?
If you wish to (i) access any personal information that I hold about you; (ii) request that I correct, amend or delete the personal information that I hold about you, you may contact me here. Please include the application you are using as well as your name, username (if applicable) and your email address that is linked to the account. I will compl with such requests to the extent required by applicable law, and subject to any limitations in our systems.
How secure is my data?
I am committed to protecting the security of your information and take reasonable precautions to protect it. I and my third-party service providers use, at minimum, industry standard encryption to protect your data in transit. This is commonly referred to as transport layer security (“TLS”) or secure socket layer (“SSL”) technology. However, internet data transmissions, cannot be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and I cannot ensure that security of information during its transmission between you and me. Accordingly, you acknowledge that when you transport such information, you do so at your own risk.
If I learn of a security system breach, I may attempt to notify you and provide information on protective steps, if available, through the email address that you have provided to us or by posting a notice on our website and/or via other communication platforms. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive such notices in writing.
IV. Information Deletion
What happens if I want to stop using the application?
If the application doesn’t require you to log in, your personal information is only stored locally in your computing device. Therefore, I never had access to said information and the deletion of the application removes the data in accordance with how your computing device handles the deletion of applications and their related data.
If the application requires you to log in, you can stop using it and its connected service at any time. If you deactivate your account, the content in your account will not be deleted unless you purposely delete that information, and since your account before you deactivate your account. Go to the support page of your application to learn how to delete your content or remove your account and account credentials. If you delete information and material from the application and then sync to your account, it will no longer be accessible to you or others that may access the service. My third-party service providers may archive and back-up their systems and therefore may retain residual copies of your deleted content for up to one year due to the nature of the operations of those systems.
If you delete user-generated content, this action may not be undone. Please note that the deletion of any non-consumable in-app purchases (in applicable applications), can be restored by going to Settings and selected “Restore Purchases”.
What happens if you close my account?
If I deactivate your account due to a Terms of Service violation, then you may contact me to request deletion of your data, and I will evaluate such requests on a case by case basis, pursuant to my legal obligations.
V. Contact me
How can I contact you?